JTC rejects Permira takeover proposals.


JTC said on Friday that it had rejected two takeover proposals from private equity firm Permira.

  • JTC
  • 29 August 2025 14:11:49
JTC

Source: Sharecast

The fund administration services provider rejected a non-binding proposal from Permira on 20 August.

It received a second preliminary and conditional non-binding proposal on 22 August which was rejected on 27 August after careful consideration with its advisers.

"Shareholders are advised to take no action at this time in relation to the Permira possible offer," JTC said.

"There can be no certainty that any firm offer will be made for the company, nor as to the terms on which any such offer might be made."

It added that further announcements will be made as and when appropriate.

Under UK takeover rules, Permira has until 26 September to either announce a firm intention to make an offer or walk away.

JTC did not disclose any financial details but earlier on Friday, Bloomberg cited people with knowledge of the matter as saying that Permira had made a proposal that values the company at around £2bn.

At 1410 BST, the shares were up 13.5% at 1,112p.


Exchange: London Stock Exchange
Sell:
0.00
Buy:
0.00
Change: -89.15 ( -0.41 %)
Date:
Prices delayed by at least 15 minutes

Compare our accounts

If you're looking to grow your money over the longer term (5+ years), we have a range of investment choices to help.

Halifax is not responsible for the content and accuracy of the Markets News articles. We may not share the views of the author. Understand the risks, please remember the value of your investment can go down as well as up and you may not get back the full amount you invest. We don't provide advice so if you are in any doubt about buying and selling shares or making your own investment decisions we recommend you seek advice from a suitably qualified Financial Advisor. Past performance is not a guide to future performance.